to care for your newly hydroseeded lawn
your lawn has been hydroseeded, the work has just begun. To turn
your newly hydroseeded area into a beautiful, healthy, lush green
it is going to need some TLC.
Hydroseed should be watered 3 times per day for approximately 10 minutes
- The ideal times are 4:00AM, 11:00AM & 4:00PM.
- You may increase the watering slightly for the hot summer months & decrease
for the cooler fall months at your discretion.
- The hydroseed needs to remain moist in order to germinate properly.
- DO NOT create pools of water on your lawn, just keep the seed constantly
damp & moist.
- After 3-5 weeks you may begin to scale back the watering at your discretion.
first mowing will be done 4-6 weeks after the lawn was hydroseeded.
It is recommended that your lawn is mowed with a push mower to do as
as possible to the new seedlings. The clippings should be left behind…however
DO NOT leave any clumps sitting on the lawn, as they will damage the new
Keep as much traffic as possible off of the newly
After you mow the first time, it is highly recommended that you
apply an 18-24-12 starter fertilizer to the lawn. 3 weeks after
up with an additional starter fertilizer application. Do not apply
any weed control to the lawn for the first 12-16 weeks. You may
your lawn, they
can be taken care of with a weed control fertilizer once the lawn begins